Dear Black and Gold ATM Cardholhder(s),
Black and Gold ATM Cardholders
Fairfax State Savings Bank is excited to welcome you to the age of Real-Time Banking with our new Debit Card! We will miss the old black & gold ATM cards, but the future really has arrived with this new Visa Debit Card and here is what you need to know:
- All black and gold ATM cards will cease to work at the close of business on May 23rd, 2010.
At your earliest convenience, please destroy any black and gold cards in your possession.
- Your new replacement Visa Debit Card, with a picture of the bank on the front, is enclosed. The term Debit Card is used to distinguish this card from Credit Cards. Debit cards are linked to your checking account so when you make purchases, the money comes directly out of your account. You can start using this card and start saving time on May 24th, 2010.
- Your new Debit Card does everything the old card did and much more. You can still make withdrawals, deposits, transfers, or verify your balance at an ATM machine. But now, if you spot a Visa logo, chances are you can use your debit card for the purchase. You can “pay at the pump” to fuel your vehicle, go shopping, go to dinner and of course you can get cash. Here’s the tricky part, we request that you choose Credit whenever you can…
- …by selecting Credit instead of Debit at the register or pump, you can save time while increasing security. Time is saved since you won't need to enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) and security is increased since no one can monitor what your PIN is. Remember, even though you choose Credit, you are still paying from your checking account. This also means no worries about paying fees or interest on the transactions which can occur with Credit cards. Lastly, by choosing Credit, not only will you enjoy the added protection of the Visa Zero Liability Policy but, it helps our bank avoid costly interchange fees which helps us keep costs down.
- How do I choose Credit with my Debit Card? If you are making a purchase, you will hand the clerk your Debit Card and sign a receipt. If asked Debit or Credit; state Credit. If you’re asked to enter your PIN, state that you would like the transaction to be run as a Credit. In other instances, you would swipe or insert the card in a terminal at the checkout line or insert it in a gas pump and choose credit. It’s easy and convenient.
- A new PIN for the new card will be mailed under separate cover and should arrive within a day or two. Although we can no longer change PIN numbers at the bank, you can do it from the convenience of home by dialing toll free 1-866-392-9952 or by visiting one of our ATM’s (across from Casey’s General Store in Fairfax.)
- The established transaction limit for any given day is $500.00 in cash and or services. If you would like your daily limit smaller or temporarily raised, it may be accomplished with a quick call to the bank at 319-846-2300.
- If you travel outside the USA, please contact us before leaving so we can make certain your card can be used when you’re away.
Joining products such as Online Now (computer banking), Dial Now (telephone banking) and Mobile Now (mobile phone banking) the new Real Time Visa Debit Card completes a suite of products that will improve your banking experience and opportunities. Questions or Issues? We’re here to help.
Call us at 319-846-2300 or 877-FAIRFAX.